domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

Tonsillectomy Recovery Day 1 Diet


Tonsillectomy and Recovery Time day by day


Tonsillectomy Recovery Day 1 


Today we are going to start posting about tonsillectomy and recovery time day by day; as one of our News Editor (Miss Mary Sawyer) had tonsillectomy surgery, so she the first thing she did when she decided to have the surgery was search on google every single information that can help specially during recovery process, most of the information was scary and she was afraid again, but after having the surgery done she realized that could help other people to be strong through the process of healing.

So, if you're going to have this surgery: Be brave, read this information day by day and you will feel better, it's not so bad as they say online, you just have to keep doctors' orders and you'll be fine.

Here starts the recovery process day by day in the words of the patient, our editor: Miss Mary Sawyer.





Tonsillectomy Recovery Day 1 

Hi, I'm Mary Sawyer, this is my story with the only purpose to help other people in the same process, and encourage them to have this surgery, I was told for many years that this surgery was so terrible after it's done that the best option was keeping up with my throat infections and avoid the tonsillectomy at all cost. 

Well, I have some news for these people: -- go advise someone else !!!

Even when I'm still on day 13th, I have no regrets for having this done. 

You can see up there (see picture above) my tonsils still inside my body, that was before the surgery, I used to take pictures of my throat every day, even thinking I had something very bad, I made everything, MRI, CAT Scans, X Rays; because my problem was that I felt like a ball stuck in my throat.

You may be are going to say that those tonsills don't look so bad or big enough to be removed, but believe me I was in pain every day of my life, I couldn't even breathe well, had sleep apnea, very bad taste in tongue, and you can see in the picture a very tiny white thing peeking, I'm not sure what it was but my doctor said it was caseum, sort of tonsil stones but not stones, just caseum, some sort of sticky stuff containing pus which according to doctors it was because of white stuff that I felt like I had (literally) a BIG BALL IN MY THROAT. 

So I finally decided to do it, I went under surgery at 29 years old, people also say it's too old for that, but that's just another myth, I have seen children at 10 suffering more, and  old adults at 40's or 50's doing well, so don't be scare about your age.

Tonsillectomy Recovery Day 1 


I'm going to add some details:

  • Anesthesia: Under general anesthesia, you don't feel anything, not pain, you're just sleeping like in your bed. 
  • After waking up: I felt a little dizzy, like if I drank 1 beer (may be 3), the nurse told me: everything's alright, you'll be fine. 
  • How's Pain from 1 to 10: I was in 7, the nurse immediately gave me a shot of painkillers through the vein. You have to keep in mind that painkillers actually work but they take sort of 20 or 30 minutes to take effect, in the vein is faster than pills. 
  • Food and Drink: Nothing yet, nurse told me I had to wait at least 1 or 2 hours for drinking something, the mouth is very thirsty and painful so you actually want to drink, but it's not that they want to torture you, it's to reduce the chances of throwing up and nausea. Day number one I only ate ice cream, I feels good and relieves the pain.
  • Scabs : White patches in the background of the throat, that's normal, it's necessary for healing, it's actually a good sign.
  • Red or shiny blood: Not a good sign, if that happens, try drinking icy water, the cold stops the bleeding, if it's too much call your doctor right away !



    TIPS AT THIS TIME: 


      Try sucking little ice cubes, the nurse gave me little ice cubes to put in my mouth, it was really great, it helped a lot with the pain, I would say more than painkillers, keep this in mind  and you will remember my words !!!


      I went home in two hours, pain was in 8 (from 1-10), but something that really helped me was thinking how well I will be after all these days pass, not more throat infections, you are going to think it's silly, but the best preparation is not phisical but emotional, it helps to reduce the pain and feel better, actually that night I slept pretty well (6 hours) in spite of the pain, the medicine makes you have heavy eyes, so enjoy your first day and read my day 2 of recovering. 

      Be brave !!! You're not alone !!!




      0 comentarios:

      Publicar un comentario

      Déjanos tus comentarios, envíanos tus opiniones y preguntas y te contactaremos para enviarte las respuestas o sugiérenos un tema:

      Equipo de Los Hechos y el Derecho Health.

      Share & Enjoy

      Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More